Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Have you a new day for me?

Sometimes in our lives we have bad days. Days in which nothing seems to go right. You are saying all the wrong things and hurting the wrong people. The stress builds up inside of you until the point that you feel unforgivable. You've gone past the point of fixing what it is that you've broken. You feel helpless. Hopeless. Sorrowful. Down. Out. And you think that there is nothing in this world that can take that guilt off your shoulders. May I offer you a poem that may help you with those days. The days of guilt. The days of saddness. Those unforgivable days. These words are penned by an elementary school teacher:

I went to the desk with a quivering lip.
The lesson was done.
"Have you a new sheet for me, dear teacher.
I've spoiled this one"
I took his sheet, all soiled and blotted
and gave him a new one all unspotted.
And into his tired heart I cried,
"Do better now, my child."

I went to the throne with a trembling heart,
The day was done.
"Have you a new day for me, dear Master?
I've spoiled this one."
He took my day, all soiled and blotted
and gave me a new one all unspotted.
And into my tired heart he cried,
"Do better now, my child."

When you think that there is nothing to take the guilt off your shoulders. From all those hurtful things that you have ever done. When you think that your sorrow is too big to lift, you have to realize that only something as big or bigger than it can lift it. And only God is big enough to do that.

Matthew 11:28-30

No comments: